OkMEA Clinic 2020
2020 OkMEA All-State Clinic Information for Members
January 16-18 in Downtown Tulsa
Please subscribe to REMIND code @OMEAmember
Outbound: Union bus departs UHS 6:45am, Thursday, January 16
Return: no bus transport is provided. Please plan for your ride home on Saturday afternoon, including coordinating getting luggage from the hotel.
Hotel: Hotel Indigo Downtown Tulsa (website)
Check in: Thursday January 16. Luggage drop 7:15am.
Claim room keys: Late afternoon, time TBA.
Check out: Saturday January 18, approx 11am or possibly prior to the morning rehearsal. Luggage may be stored at the hotel lobby and claimed later.
Cost: no cost to student members, compliments of UBPC
Curfew: 11:30pm on Thursday, Midnight on Friday
Ladies Room: CP, AR, IA, AD
Mens Room 1: AL, KC, EG, CF
Mens Room 2: AM, BE, JE, XW
Lunch Thursday: Prepaid* / Williams Center Cafe
Dinner Thursday: Prepaid* / Williams Center Cafe
Breakfast Friday: 6:45am @ Dilly Diner / Compliments of UBPC
Lunch Friday: Prepaid* / Williams Center Cafe
Dinner Friday: After Tulsa PAC Union Wind Ensemble Honor Performance, compliments of UBPC. Site TBA.
Breakfast Saturday: 7:30am @ Dilly Diner / Compliments of UBPC
Lunch Saturday: Union group meets together at 11:00am (Wind Ensemble & Symph. Band) and 11:30am (Orchestra & Jazz Ens.) at Rib Crib, compliments of UBPC. If a student prefers to meet family members for lunch instead of joining the group, please communicate as such in advance.
*prepaid meals are included as part of the OkMEA member fee
Rehearsal Schedules & Member Itineraries (.DOC format)
• Jazz Ensemble (download)
• Symphonic Band (download)
• Orchestra (download)
• Wind Symphony (download)
• Jazz Ensemble 10:30am, Jazz Hall of Fame
• Symphonic Band 2:30pm, Tulsa PAC Chapman Hall
• Orchestra 3:15pm, Tulsa PAC Chapman Hall
• Wind Symphony 4:15pm, Tulsa PAC Chapman Hall
Wear / Bring
• Casual clothing for rehearsals
• Jacket / Coat
• Formal concert attire + shoes, etc. (Saturday)
• Phone / power device
• Instrument / Music folder / Pencils / Tuner
• Music stand (This will be required for rehearsals)
• $ for snacks, etc.
• School dress code applies
Adult leaders and conductors will oversee students during all rehearsals, convention events, social events, concerts, and prepaid meals. Various Union Schools Fine Arts faculty members will be attending the OkMEA convention throughout the day on Thursday and Friday, will host students for Friday at dinner & Saturday at lunch.
• Registration is held downstairs in the PAC in the Norman rehearsal hall.
• Once received, you must wear the lanyard at all times. It's the only way for you to be identified as an OkMEA student and to ride the shuttle bus to/from the convention center.
• If going/coming to various sites on the bus, we encourage being on the shuttle at least 1 hour before each rehearsal starts. Rehearsals will not start late due to transportation logistics.
• Due to scheduling circumstances, limited rehearsal time is limited, reduced greatly from the originally scheduled rehearsals, so it is of the upmost importance that you arrive at rehearsals prepared.
We are so proud of your accomplishments and know that you will responsibly represent Union with class this week. Please refer to the OkMEA Code of Conduct for additional information. Infractions of expected behavior will result in unpleasant consequences (we know this will not be a problem!)