Basketball Pep Bands
PEP BAND INFORMATION for
2018-19 Union H.S. Men's and Women's Varsity Basketball HOME GAMES
DATES / TIMES / ENSEMBLES
Tues. Dec. 4, 2018 // 5:45-9:30pm
Tues. Dec. 18, 2018 // 5:45-9:30pm
Tues. Jan. 8, 2019 // 5:45-9:30pm
Tues. Jan. 15, 2019 // 5:45-9:30pm
Fri. Jan. 18, 2019 // 5:45-9:30pm
Tues. Feb. 5, 2019 // 5:45-9:30pm
Tues. Feb 12, 2019 // 5:45-9:30pm
- Attendance at pep band performances is mandatory and for a grade in each student's band class.
- Student performance attire is the UNION BANDS member shirt, jeans, & sneakers. Students may wear a jacket to/from the UMAC, but during game time the member shirt must be visible. The only acceptable long sleeved layer is a REGIMENT, UNION BANDS, or other UNION spirit-wear hoodie sweatshirt.
- Call time is always 5:45pm, in the UHS band room, after which students will move as a group to the UMAC.
- The Varsity Ladies game begins at 6:30pm, and the Mens game begins at 8:00pm.
- Students will be given a break in between the games to use the bathroom, purchase concessions, etc.
- 9:30pm is the approximate finish/release time, depending on the length of he game.
- A performance grade will be assessed for all assigned basketball game performances
- Be ready to play on short notice. We generally play ONLY during time-outs (some are 30 seconds, some are 60) and at the end of quarters.
- Be ready to STOP playing on short notice; we cannot play while the game clock is in motion, so watch for the possibility that a directors cuts off the music midstream.
- Use the restroom at the appointed times (halftimes and between games), as you won't be permitted to do so otherwise.
- If getting a ride home from a parent, etc., call or send them a message during the 4th quarter of the men's game. NOTE: if the game nears the end with a close score, it might take a long time for the game to actually conclude.