Wash. D.C. Trip Rules
Trip Rules & Polices
All Union Public Schools district student rules, policies, and code of conduct apply to student travelers on this Union Bands trip. All components of this trip are an extension of the classroom.
Notes of emphasis:
- Traveling with the Union Band is a privilege, and as such, failure to comply with all rules or abide by standard good conduct will be met with swift consequence.
- Bus seating and behavioral rules will be adhered to.
- Public displays of affection rules will be adhered to.
- Students are never allowed in hotel room of opposite gender.
- Students will adhere to the instructions of the teachers, chaperones, trip coordinators, bus drivers, or any other adults in an authority role.
- Possession and/or use Alcohol, Drugs, Tobacco, Vapor, Weapons, and other illegal substances are strictly prohibited. Failure to adhere will result in student being sent home via airplane at expense of the parent; school district and school program consequences will also apply.
- Parents are expected to inspect the luggage of student(s) prior to the trip to ensure that no contraband is being transported.
- A Detection Canine (“drug dog”) will inspect all luggage prior to departure on Wednesday afternoon, March 27. The canine will detect: marijuana, cocaine, heroin, methamphetamine, other commonly abused medications, alcoholic beverages, tobacco products, gun powder based items, firearms.
- If in doubt: don’t bring it, say it, or do it.