NBDA 7-8-9th Gr Clinic
7th, 8th, & 9th Graders who auditioned into the NBDA All-District Honor Band will participate in a clinic & concert led by distinguished clinician conductors and featuring elevated repertoire.
Feb 22-23, 2019
at Union High School
Please subscribe to the REMIND codes for this event:
9th Graders: @UnionNBDA9
8th Graders: @Union8NBDA
7th Graders: @Union7NBDA
Friday, February 22, 2019
8:00/8:45am ***Freshmen Only*** First period Union H.S. concert bands meet as normal
PRE-CLINIC INTER-CAMPUS TRANSPORTATION
9:45am 7th Grade Members SHUTTLE BUS from U67GC to UHS
9:45am 8th Grade Members SHUTTLE BUS from U8GC to UHS
10:00am Clinic registration and seating
10:30am Morning Rehearsal
12:30pm Lunch Break (bring $)
> Freshmen: bus transportation to/from restaurants located on the south side of 71st Street at S. 109th E. Ave.
> 7th & 8th Graders: bus transportation to/from restaurants located on the southwest corner of 71st Street & Mingo Road
2:00pm Afternoon Rehearsal
5:00pm Dismissal. Please plan for transportation home from Union High School.
-comfortable but within school dress code and that which represents Union well
Saturday, February 23, 2019
9:00am Morning Rehearsal
12:00pm Lunch Break (on your with / with family, or bring your own lunch)
1:00pm ALL GROUPS CHANGE INTO CONCERT ATTIRE AFTER LUNCH. 9th Graders will wear Union-issued concert attire, 7th and 8th Graders will wear standard concert black.
1:30pm Pre-Concert WARM-UP
CONCERTS in Union Performing Arts Center. Free admission.
2:00pm 7th Grade Band PERFORMANCE
2:30pm (approx) 8/9th Concert Band PERFORMANCE
3:00pm (approx) 8/9th Symphonic Band PERFORMANCE
-(REHEARSAL) comfortable but within school dress code and that which represents Union well
-(PERFORMANCE) Concert Attire as specified above, including black shoes/socks.
- Parents: we strongly encourage you to join us at 2:00pm on Saturday at the UPAC for the performances.
1. Absence from a full morning, afternoon, or evening rehearsal session will result in the automatic termination of the participant.
2. The band chairman will deal with any absence or substantial tardiness after consultation with the clinician and the student’s band director. The chairman’s decision will be final.
3. The band chairman will also have the authority and responsibility to lower chair positions and/or remove the student from the band if his/her conduct in any way become a problem. The chairman is expected to support the clinician in matters concerning conduct.
4. If a student is not able to attend the clinic or concert, please have your director contact the district president so an alternate can be contacted. In addition, please send your folder with your director to the clinic for the other players to use.