Competing bands/directors/supporters enjoy the following event conveniences:
- All groups will be parked in the school parking lot (all paved)
- Paved access for all groups between their parking spots, their warm-up areas, and the stadium
- 3 lighted warm-up areas NOW ALL ON A TURF FIELD (45 minutes in each warm-up area)
- Band Director’s Hospitality Suite located in the Redskin Room of the Union Multipurpose Activity Center, with a bird’s eye view of the competition field
- Large indoor facility (UMAC) as backup in case of inclement weather
- Use of Bands of America format and classifications
- COMPETITION SUITE tabulation & adjudication software
- Auxiliary & Percussion caption awards
- Exhibition performance at finals for class champions (if non-qualifying)
- Champion medals for each class (based on preliminaries)
- Complimentary DVD of your band’s performance for directors
Access to the event site is readily available from major highways. A Sam's Club Store is located adjacent to the campus should bulk supplies (water, soft drinks, etc.) be required. Many restaurants within a 1 mile radius offer a variety of dining options for visiting spectators and arrangements are again being made to have outside vendors to offer on-site dining options the day of the event. Competing bands interested in pre-ordering marching band meals should contact the event staff via the attached web link.
For those bands traveling from out of state, our 2017 Host Hotel is The DoubleTree at Warren Place located at 6110 S. Yale Ave. (61st Street and Yale Ave.). For information, please contact Melanie Nance at 918-497-2183. There are also many other lodging facilities capable of handling large groups which are located within a 1 mile radius, and may offer discounted rates. Also, Tulsa's largest shopping mall, Woodland Hills, is located within a mile of the event site.