On Friday, October 25, 2019 Senior band and guard students will be recognized during the pregame portion of the Union H.S. Varsity home football game at Union Tuttle Stadium.
The recognition will take place at approximately 6:45pm and the game begins at 7:05pm. Families should plan to arrive by 6:00pm to prepare for the event.
BEFORE THE RECOGNITION EVENT
• Senior band families will meet and line up in alphabetical order (by senior student's last name) at 6:00pm in the Union H.S. Bus Loop Lobby (the tall glass-walled building along the east face of Union H.S.).
• After dressing into uniform / costume, Senior students will join their families in line before going into the stadium for the senior recogniton.
ON THE FIELD
• Each senior/family will be assigned a specifc yard line to be occupied during the pregame recognition. • Led by a member of the staff or a key volunteer, families will enter the field from the north, along the west/home sidelines, facing east, and will remain in this position during the football team seniors recogntion.
• As the football team recognition concludes, band/guard families will be signaled to al at once walk eastward to to the middle of the field numbers, then to stop and turn 180-degrees, now facing the home side of the stadium, positioned at their defined yard line.
• Each senior's name will be announced over the loudspeaker, along with the names of up to two escorts. Seniors may be accompanied by more than two people (i.e. mother, father, and siblings) but only the names of the senior and up to two of the will be announced aloud. Submit student name and escort(s) names to be read aloud. (Deadline: Thursday, Oct 10, 11:00pm).
• Before entering the field, Seniors will each be given a rose to carry. When the student's name is announced, traditionally the student hands the rose to their mother or another special loved one.
• At the conclusion of the band/guard recognition, all seniors and family members will turn 90 degrees to the right and proceed out of the stadium, exiting at the northwest gate. Winds and Percussion Seniors will then get instruments and proceed back into the stadium for the game.
While on the field, our designated band photographer will snap a quick picture, so please smoosh together, look forward and smile! Pictures will be available for free download at www.thelonghall.com.
• Following the Renegade Regiment halftime performance, all Union Bands Seniors and their familes are invited to a recepton in the UHS/UCA Grand Hall to mingle, take additional family and student group photos, and enjoy refreshments.
• Students will remain in uniform / costume for this reception.
• Students will be asked to sign all of the group-picture-posters, which will then be given to each student as a gift from the UBPC in recognition of their years of service to the Union Bands organization.
Suggested attire for family members or others joining for this event is business casual or nicer.
A specially-printed pass will be issued to each family member or loved one participating in the senior recognition. This pass grants access to the northwest stadium field level gate, and is valid for field level access only, during the pregame recognition ceremony only. Those wishing to attend the game, if not serving in a credentialed volunteer capacity, must purchase a game ticket at the Tuttle Stadium ticket window.