Union Bands students in Grades 7-12 may enroll virtually for the Fall semester 2020, earning course credit.
• To help students continue developing skill on their instrument
• To promote students' continued love for music
• To let students continue to earn course credit in an elective originally intended to participate in
• To keep students connected to the Union Bands program during the virtual semester, bridging to their return to in-person learning as a band student
GENERAL INFO & POLICIES
• ENROLLMENT DEADLINE: Friday, September 11, 2020
• Please note that this enrollment option was not originally available when Union Virtual opened for enrollment in late July, but has since become available to better-serve performing arts students who are otherwise studying virtually this semester.
• The student must be enrolled in Union Virtual for his/her core curriculum courses for Fall semester 2020; currently-enrolled in-person learners may not switch to the virtual option.
• Union Virtual students who have been attending the performing arts elective in-person (band) so far this semester are encouraged to continue doing so. If a student with this designation decides to switch to our new virtual option, he/she must do so by Friday, Sept. 11, and must communicate directly with the band director.
• Students enrolled and participating in band virtually are required to subscribe to the Premium version of the SmartMusic software.
•• Subscription fee = $22.00. Payable by cash, check, Charms Account (where previously positive balances, fundraised-monies, and credit/debit cards may be used), or partial scholarship.
•• Click here to order your subscription
•• If the student previously subscribed to the Basic version of SmartMusic and needs to upgrade, simply re-order and your account will be upgraded to Premium as soon as possible.
• Students enrolled and participating expressly as virtual learners will NOT have the option to perform with Union Bands ensembles in any scheduled public appearances (i.e. home football games for the Union H.S. Band)
•• Only In-Person learners and Virtual learners who have already opted to and have been attending rehearsals on-campus in-person on a daily basis are elligible to perform publicly.
•• Please understand that this policy is not designed to penalize virtual learners, rather to maximize the safety and performance potential of the team.
Expectations, Info, & Enrollment process: by grade-level