The Union H.S.Wind Ensemble is the premiere perfoming ensemble of the Union Bands program. The Ensemble has earned consecutive OSSAA Sweepstakes status and has appeared at the OkMEA Winter Convention as an Honor peforming group.
Sign up for Wind Ensemble Remind Texts by texting @uhswe to 81010
Class Time and Location
• Daily: Mon-Th 9:15-10:15a, Fri 9:35-10:30a
• Union H.S. Band Room #2 / Room 1616
• Sectional reharsals as scheduled
• Method Book: 'Foundations for Superior Performance' (instrument-specific)
• Concert Music and Folio: black, leather-bound (district-provided).
• Maintaining any distributed orignal print music is the responsibilty of each student.Replacment costs vary from $3.00 to $10.00 per part.
• Digital Tuner with Contact Microphone (brass and woodwinds students)
• Issued combo lock for assigned locker: replacement cost is $5.00 per lock.
All Union H.S. Wind Ensemble students are expected to prepare for all rehearsals and performance with the highest degree of attention to detail and musicianship.
Before-school sectional rehearsals are scheduled at the discretion of the director, predominantly during the spring semester and rarel more than once weekly for a maximum of one hour.
All students are expected to be enrolled routinely in private lessons, and all students will audition for the NBDA All-District Honor Band.
All students, regardless of participation in the competitive marching band, perform in a spirit role in Union H.S. Varsity Football home games.
• First Semester Concert: Thurs. Dec. 5, 2019, 7pm, UPAC
• Special Performance: Tues. Jan. 14, 2020, 7pm, Broken Arrow PAC
• OkMEA Honor Concert: Fri. Jan. 17, 2020, 7pm, Tulsa PAC
• Winter Concert: Mon. March 2, 2020, 7pm, UPAC
• TCC Concert Band Festival. March 27, 2020. 9:30am VanTrease PAC
• Canceled: State Contest: TBA April 2020. Jenks H.S.
• Spring Concert: Mon. May 11, 2020, 7pm, UPAC
• All Union Bands concerts info here
• All performances are mandatory and assessed for a grade.
Replacement costs apply for any lost items.
More uniform info here
Mandatory Fee Structure
All high school band students NOT in the competitive marching band:
$50.00 (includes pre-event meals at home football games and MusicFirst software subscription)
Freshmen and other incoming high school band students NOT in the competitive marching band:
$87.00 (includes member t-shirt, member shorts, uniform shoes, & water juguzzi) This fee is additional to the $50.00 fee listed above.
All fees are billed to the CHARMS student account. more info
• 30% Daily Participation
• 40% Performances
• 20% Tests
• 10% Final Exam
News for Students